Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Putting The Metal To The Metal!

The past few weeks have been a very exciting and productive time in the studio. I have been creating a lot of new work. I feel like the cooler weather has helped with me having more energy, that and the quelling of the allergy monster.

I created a new series of leather and metal cuff bracelets. These cuffs are being featured at Arizona Stronghold Tasting Room in Old Town Cottonwood. Jason, the manager loves them and they are already selling, both of which make me very happy and wanting to do more.

I created a total of 19 cuffs in 2 days. The cuffs are created by upcycling retired leather belts. I cut them into different wrist sizes then create the metal designs from scratch. Add snaps, attach the metal with rivets, nuts bolts and screws and BAM-great one-of-a-kind designs for men and women.

Here are a couple of my recent cuff works.


Brown leather with copper and silver rivets.
Black large leather cuff with hammered copper, discs
attached with rivets and screws.

















 Then I put in another week of many hours to complete a wholesale order of rings for Ghost City Tours in Jerome Arizona. It was a push but I got 19 done in a week.

I was able to finish the rings just in time as my 2 rivet tools broke-both of them within 2 days. I was disappointed but the almost $40.00 tool is a great investment and lasted me over a year. Now I have to purchase another one to get more riveting done.

Here are a few of my new ring designs.


Sterling silver with spiral stamps.
Sterling silver, spiral stamps and brass rivets.


Double layered sterling silver with my first cut of amber



Sterling silver with large gauge wires.

Thanks for stopping by to see check out the latest happenings. See more new additions on my ETSY site at www.artexposurearizona.com







No comments:

Back To Beading

 I spent many years creating one-of-a-kind freeform bead jewelry. I gave it a rest to experiment with other mediums such as metal, photograp...